President and CEO Richard Seager of Journey Health System was our speaker. He gave his unbiased talk about the healthcare priorities of the new administration.
Here is what they want to change:
- Complete repeal of Obamacare
- Modify laws that inhibit the sale of health insurance against state lines
- Individual deductions for health insurance premiums
- Create HSA’s, Tax-free contributions and inheritable and transferrable asset
It is looking like there will be a “transition” period as not to create hardship or disruption. Repeal without replacement would leave 20 million Americans without health insurance coverage.
Some other things they hope to accomplish:
- Medicaid block grant to state
- Liability reform
- Public transparency on prices